Frequently Asked Questions
The registration fee for the Atelier Emona architecture workshop covers various aspects of your participation in the event.
- Stay: 7 nights stay in shared bedrooms at Hostel Tabor with continental breakfast served daily.
- Workshop Sessions: Access to all workshop sessions, including lectures, design charrettes, critique sessions, and presentations.
- Instruction and Mentorship: Guidance and mentorship from experienced instructors, architects, and industry professionals throughout the workshop.
- Materials and Resources: Workshop materials, handouts, and resources needed for the design exercises and project work.
- Evening events: Entry to all social evening events organized by the workshop.
- Certificate of Participation: A certificate recognizing your participation and completion of the Atelier Emona architecture workshop. If you are part of Fakulteta za Arhitektura, Univerza v Ljubljani, you will also recieve 3 ECDT for participating at a workshop.
We will provide unlimited workshop supplies (paper, pencils, markers,etc. …), but you are welcome to bring your preffered architecture supplies. You are required to bring your own laptop, to ensure you are able to produce the project task.
Early bird price, valid until June 5th is 479,00 EUR.
General ticket sale is 549,00 EUR. If you are coming in a group, we do offer group discounts depending on the number of people. Reach out to us to find out more.
The main focus of the Atelier Emona architecture workshop is to provide participants with a comprehensive learning experience that combines skill development, portfolio enhancement, networking, and exposure to real-world architectural projects. Through hands-on activities and project-based learning, participants work on a unique architectural project in Ljubljana’s city center, exploring heritage preservation, contemporary design, and sustainability. The workshop empowers participants to become well-rounded architects prepared for real-world challenges.
The Atelier Emona workshop will be led by a team of experienced and qualified professionals in the field of architecture. Our workshop instructors are accomplished architects with a wealth of expertise and knowledge to share. They possess extensive practical experience in architectural design, project management, and academia. Many of our instructors hold advanced degrees in architecture and have worked on a diverse range of projects globally. Their qualifications and expertise ensure that participants receive top-notch guidance, mentorship, and valuable insights throughout the workshop. Rest assured that our team is dedicated to creating a rich and engaging learning environment, nurturing participants’ skills, and fostering their growth as aspiring architects.
The intended audience for the Atelier Emona architecture workshop primarily consists of architecture students and young architects. We welcome participants from various educational backgrounds and skill levels, including beginners, intermediate-level students, and advanced-level students. The workshop provides a valuable learning experience for those who are passionate about architecture and seeking to enhance their skills, expand their knowledge, and develop a strong portfolio. While the workshop primarily targets the European market, we welcome participants from all around the world who are interested in engaging with the field of architecture and joining a diverse community of creative minds.
Yes, participants of the Atelier Emona architecture workshop will have access to TGH-48, the building that will be the focus of the workshop’s final project. During the workshop, you will have the opportunity to visit and explore TGH-48 in order to gain a deeper understanding of its architectural features, historical significance, and the challenges it presents for renovation and repurposing.
The Atelier Emona architecture workshop is scheduled to last for 8 days and 7 nights, from Saturday 19th of August til Saturday 26th of August.
The Atelier Emona architecture workshop follows a dynamic and interactive format designed to provide participants with a comprehensive learning experience. The workshop incorporates various elements to foster engagement, collaboration, and skill development. The workshop’s format aims to provide a balance between theoretical knowledge, hands-on design experience, collaborative learning, and networking. It is designed to facilitate skill development, foster creativity, and empower participants to excel in the field of architecture.
The workshop is designed to cater to a diverse range of participants, including architecture students, young architects, and students from similar fields. It aims to provide a comprehensive learning experience that accommodates different skill levels and educational backgrounds. So, whether you are a beginner looking to explore architecture or an experienced individual seeking to expand your knowledge and network, the Atelier Emona architecture workshop welcomes your participation.
Yes, if a group of 3 or more people sign up each person receives a 25€ discount off for each person and for groups of 6 or more, each person receives 45€ off the ticket price.
Every member of the winning group receives a free ticket pass to one of our next events. We are hosting workshops in Ljubljana, Slovenia and Bali, Indonesia. The ticket pass is valid for one year.
Please refer to our Terms and Conditions website for more information: https://atelieremona.com/policies/
The Atelier Emona architecture workshop aims to accommodate maximum of 100 participants. By securing your place, you can ensure that you have the opportunity to fully benefit from the workshop and make the most of the learning and networking experiences it offers.
You will gain practical knowledge, expand your architecutral skills, develop a well-rounded understanding of the field, portfolio enhancement, tips and tricks on using archi cad with one-on-one support from an expert; inisghts, feedback and guidance from expert international tutors to help you grow; hands-on experience applying your knowledge and creativity to solve a real-world problem; build a strong network which can lead to future collaborations, job opportunities, and a supportive community within the field; cultural and global perspective; personal growth and confidence building; enhanced carrer prospects
Yes, participants of the Atelier Emona architecture workshop will typically receive a certificate of completion. This certificate serves as recognition for their active participation and successful completion of the workshop. It can be a valuable addition to their portfolio, demonstrating their commitment to professional development and their engagement in the workshop’s activities.
You can use whichever program you prefer, but there will be an opportunity to learn 1-1 from an expert in Archicad.
Participants’ progress and achievements will be evaluated through a combination of individual and group-based assessments. The assessment methods may include:
- Project Presentations: Participants will have the opportunity to present their project proposals and solutions to the group, allowing them to showcase their creativity, critical thinking, and design skills.
- Design Reviews: Regular design reviews will be conducted by workshop instructors and industry professionals, providing participants with valuable feedback and guidance to refine their architectural concepts and approaches.
- Mid Reviews: Half way into the workshop, we will have mid reviews, where you will receive comments from tutors and jury on your concept design.
- Final Review: Each group will have a 10 min window to present their projects in front of the jury body, tutors and participants. Based one your presentation, a winning group will be selected.
Atelier Emona aims to provide ongoing support and resources to attendees even after the workshop concludes. While the specific follow-up support may vary, here are some common elements that participants can expect:
- Alumni Network: Participants often become part of an alumni network, connecting them with fellow workshop attendees, instructors, and industry professionals. This network can serve as a platform for continued collaboration, knowledge sharing, and networking opportunities.
- Online Resources: Participants may gain access to online resources such as exclusive content, reference materials, or a dedicated online platform where they can access workshop-related materials, recordings of lectures or presentations, and additional learning resources.
- Mentoring or Consultation: Some workshops offer post-workshop mentoring or consultation sessions with instructors or industry professionals. This allows participants to seek guidance, feedback, or advice on their ongoing projects, career development, or specific architectural challenges they may encounter.
- Community Support: Participants may join an online community or forum where they can engage in discussions, ask questions, and receive support from instructors, mentors, and fellow participants. This community can provide a valuable platform for ongoing learning, collaboration, and exchange of ideas.
- Updates and Opportunities: Workshop organizers may keep participants informed about relevant architectural events, conferences, job opportunities, or further educational programs that align with their interests and aspirations. This helps participants stay connected to the architecture industry and access future learning or career advancement opportunities.
The follow-up support and resources aim to foster a continued learning journey for participants, enabling them to build upon the knowledge and skills gained during the workshop. It reinforces the workshop’s commitment to supporting participants’ long-term growth and professional development in the field of architecture.
To prepare for the Atelier Emona architecture workshop, here are some recommended steps for attendees:
- Familiarize Yourself: Take some time to familiarize yourself with the workshop’s objectives, schedule, and any pre-workshop materials or readings provided. Understand the workshop’s focus, theme, and the skills or knowledge you are expected to acquire during the program.
- Review Architectural Concepts: Brush up on fundamental architectural concepts, principles, and terminology. This can include topics such as design principles, architectural history, building materials, construction techniques, or sustainability practices. This foundation will help you engage more effectively during discussions and activities.
- Gather Relevant Materials: If the workshop requires you to bring any specific materials or tools, ensure you have them prepared in advance. This may include sketchbooks, drawing tools, laptops with design software, or any other items specified by the workshop organizers.
- Research the Project Context: If the workshop involves a specific project or site, conduct some preliminary research on the location, its architectural significance, historical context, or any other relevant information. This will help you better understand the project’s context and contribute to meaningful discussions and design proposals.
- Come with an Open Mind: Approach the workshop with an open and curious mindset. Be ready to explore new ideas, collaborate with fellow participants, and embrace different perspectives. The workshop is an opportunity to learn and grow, so be receptive to new concepts and approaches.
- Network in Advance: If possible, connect with other participants or workshop organizers through online platforms or social media. Engaging in pre-workshop networking can help build relationships, establish connections, and create a supportive community even before the workshop begins.
- Prepare Questions: Reflect on any specific questions or areas of interest you have regarding the workshop’s theme or content. This will allow you to make the most of the workshop by seeking clarification, engaging in discussions, and actively participating in activities.
By following these preparation steps, you can maximize your learning experience, actively contribute to the workshop, and make valuable connections with fellow participants and industry professionals.
Past attendees of the Atelier Emona architecture workshop have provided positive feedback about their experience. Here are some common themes and comments that have been shared by past participants:
- Engaging and Interactive: Attendees appreciate the workshop’s interactive nature, which involves hands-on activities, design challenges, and project-based learning. They find these elements engaging, allowing them to apply their skills and knowledge in a practical context.
- Expert Guidance: Participants value the expertise of the workshop instructors and guest speakers. They find the guidance and mentorship provided by experienced professionals invaluable in enhancing their architectural skills and expanding their understanding of the field.
- Collaborative Environment: Attendees appreciate the collaborative environment fostered during the workshop. Working alongside fellow participants from diverse backgrounds and cultures allows for rich discussions, exchange of ideas, and learning from different perspectives.
- Real-World Relevance: Participants find the workshop’s focus on real-world architectural scenarios highly beneficial. The opportunity to work on a specific project and address design challenges rooted in the local context helps them develop problem-solving skills and apply architectural concepts to practical situations.
- Networking Opportunities: The workshop provides networking opportunities with industry professionals, guest speakers, and fellow participants. Attendees appreciate the chance to establish connections, expand their professional network, and potentially create long-lasting collaborations.
- Personal Growth and Confidence Building: Past participants have reported increased confidence in their architectural abilities and personal growth as a result of the workshop. The intensive learning experience, feedback received, and exposure to new ideas contribute to their professional development and overall confidence in their architectural pursuits.
These positive feedback highlights the workshop’s effectiveness in providing a comprehensive learning experience, fostering collaboration, and empowering participants to excel in the field of architecture. The testimonials and success stories from past attendees serve as a testament to the value and impact of the Atelier Emona architecture workshop.
The Atelier Emona architecture workshop will be held in the city center of Ljubljana, Slovenia. Ljubljana is the capital and largest city of Slovenia, known for its rich architectural heritage, picturesque landscapes, and vibrant cultural scene. The workshop location in the city center provides easy access to various architectural landmarks, historical sites, and amenities, offering participants an immersive experience in a dynamic urban setting.
During the Atelier Emona architecture workshop, participants will be provided with accommodation in conveniently located and comfortable accommodation at Hostel Tabor in Ljubljana, Slovenia.
Participants in the Atelier Emona architecture workshop are typically between the ages of 20 and 30. The workshop is primarily targeted towards young architects and architecture students within this age range. However, individuals outside this age range with a keen interest in architecture and relevant fields may also be eligible to attend the workshop. The focus is on creating a diverse and dynamic learning environment that brings together aspiring architects from different backgrounds and experiences.
The Atelier Emona architecture workshop welcomes participants with varying skill levels from architectural backgrounds. There is no specific prerequisite in terms of skill level or prior architectural knowledge required to attend the workshop. Whether you are a beginner in architecture, an intermediate-level student, or an advanced-level practitioner, you are welcome to join.
To register for the Atelier Emona architecture workshop, you can easily do so through the official website of the workshop. Visit the workshop’s website at https://atelieremona.com/registration/ and you will find a registration form or button to begin the registration process.
The primary language of the Atelier Emona architecture workshop will be English. The workshop sessions, instructions, discussions, and materials will be conducted and delivered in English. English proficiency is essential for effective communication and collaboration among participants and instructors. However, please note that if necessary and feasible, certain clarifications or explanations may be provided in other languages to ensure participants’ understanding and engagement.
For the final project in the Atelier Emona architecture workshop, participants will work on the renovation and repurposing of the TGH-48 building in Ljubljana’s city center. They will propose a new program and purpose for the existing building, considering its architectural features, urban context, functionality, and sustainability. Participants will collaborate in groups, develop conceptual designs, and present their proposals. Guidance and feedback from instructors will be provided throughout the process.
Yes, you will need your laptop to work on the project. Make sure to bring your charger. In Slovenia we use a European outlet so if you are coming from other parts of the world, make sure to bring an adapter.
If you plan to attend the Atelier Emona architecture workshop and arrive by plane, there are convenient transportation options available. Ljubljana, Slovenia has an international airport, Ljubljana Jože Pučnik Airport (also known as Brnik Airport), which serves as the primary gateway for international travelers. Upon arrival at the airport, you can easily reach the city center of Ljubljana using various transportation methods. The airport offers taxi services and car rental options for your convenience. Additionally, there are regular shuttle bus services that operate between the airport and the city center. It is advisable to plan your travel in advance and check for transportation options, schedules, and fares to ensure a smooth journey from the airport to your accommodation in Ljubljana. Feel free to reach out to the workshop organizers for any specific guidance or recommendations regarding transportation arrangements from the airport.
Yes, there is limited free parking at the campus of Hostel Tabor. Make sure to inform the organizers about your requirement for parking so you can secure your spot.
If you choose to arrive at the Atelier Emona architecture workshop by train, Ljubljana has a well-connected railway network that offers convenient transportation options. Ljubljana Railway Station is the main railway hub in the city, providing connections to various domestic and international destinations. Upon arriving at Ljubljana Railway Station, you will find taxis available for hire outside the station, providing a convenient way to reach your accommodation or the workshop venue. Alternatively, if your accommodation is located in the city center, it may be within walking distance from the station. Public transportation, such as buses, may also be available near the railway station, offering an affordable and efficient means of getting around the city. If you have any specific queries regarding train connections or transportation from the railway station to the workshop venue, it is advisable to reach out to the workshop organizers for guidance and assistance tailored to your needs.
You can register up until 30th of June 2023.
Keep in mind that the workshop schedule and activities may occupy a significant portion of your time, so it is advisable to plan your visits to other places accordingly. It’s recommended to discuss your travel plans with the workshop organizers, as they may be able to provide suggestions, recommendations, or assist with organizing group excursions to nearby attractions. Exploring the beauty and diversity of Slovenia can be a wonderful complement to your participation in the Atelier Emona workshop, allowing you to experience the country’s rich cultural heritage and natural wonders.
The amount of free time you will have during the Atelier Emona architecture workshop can vary depending on the specific schedule and activities planned for each day. The workshop is designed to provide a comprehensive learning experience, which may involve a combination of lectures, design sessions, group work, site visits, and project presentations. While the workshop schedule is structured to ensure meaningful engagement and learning opportunities, organizers typically allocate some free time for participants to relax, explore the city, or engage in personal activities. To learn more about the time we will spend together see https://atelieremona.com/timeline/
Daily continental breakfast will be provided. at the Hostel. We will have a pizza night and there will be assortment of snacks available throughout the worktime.
After signing up you need to enroll into a trustworthy health / travel insurance plan that covers all your trip essentials (as in case of acute illness, inuries, and accidents, and also luggage insurance to cover your personal property, documents, or additional travel assistance. It is the responsibility of the participant to arrange this.